1) How to effectively use inert gas to purge the inside of the pipe in preparation for welding.
2) How prep stainless-steel base metal in preparation for welding.
3) Proper fit-up techniques for stainless steel, Inconel, and chromoly pipe.
4) How to weld stainless steel, Inconel, and chromoly pipe.
5) GTAW weld repair techniques and common industry practices.
6) Pipe rack welding techniques.
7) Cutting and preparing large diameter pipe for SMAW downhill welding.
8) 12” branch connection layout.
9) SMAW downhill welding techniques and industry practices.
Students are provided all the welding tools needed to complete the course. Students learn how to weld pipe with GTAW and SMAW on all sizes of pipe, from 16” to 2”. Upon completion, students are certified to AWS specifications in accordance with ASME section IX and receive a course completion certificate.
The prices are listed in the handbook.
WWA transformed me from a from a fabricator in to a real pipe welder. On the first day I was given all I needed to start producing results. WWA is ready to produce the next generation of pipe welders so we can rebuild America.
By the end of the 5 month combo course you will leave with not only the skill but the confidence to go out and make an extremely successful and profitable career for yourself. I was welding in a booth the first day.
On day one I received everything I needed to get started welding and all of the highest quality materials money can buy. With in a week and half I was welding pipe!! I would recommend this school over any other.
Western Welding Academy is just what I have been looking for. I love everything about the school and what it has to offer. The challenge, the environment, the relationships, the future. The shop has top of the line welding machines and equipment.