1) 1) Use and care of a TIG torch.
2) Proper tungsten prep.
3) How prep carbon steel base metal in preparation for GTAW welding.
4) Fillet weld techniques using the GTAW process.
5) Proper preparation and fit-up techniques for welding with the GTAW process.
6) How to GTAW weld carbon steel pipe in all positions.
7) GTAW weld repair techniques and common industry practices.
8) GTAW pipe rack welding techniques.
9) Weld defects and repair procedures in accordance with applicable piping codes.
This course teaches Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) on pipe. Students are provided all the GTAW welding tools needed (including TIG torch) to complete the course. Students learn how to weld pipe with SMAW on all sizes of pipe, from 8” to 2” in the booth and in the pipe rack simulator. Upon completion, students are certified to AWS specifications in accordance with ASME section IX and receive a course completion certificate.
The prices are listed in the handbook.
WWA transformed me from a from a fabricator in to a real pipe welder. On the first day I was given all I needed to start producing results. WWA is ready to produce the next generation of pipe welders so we can rebuild America.
By the end of the 5 month combo course you will leave with not only the skill but the confidence to go out and make an extremely successful and profitable career for yourself. I was welding in a booth the first day.
On day one I received everything I needed to get started welding and all of the highest quality materials money can buy. With in a week and half I was welding pipe!! I would recommend this school over any other.
Western Welding Academy is just what I have been looking for. I love everything about the school and what it has to offer. The challenge, the environment, the relationships, the future. The shop has top of the line welding machines and equipment.