1) Use and care of pipe welding tools.
2) Intro to pipe welding.
3) Proper electrode sizing and selection.
4) Arc strikes, shielding gas, hydrogen cracking.
5) The importance of pre-heating base material.
6) Pressure ratings, temperature reaction, expansion/contraction.
7) Amperage/Voltage ranges, Travel speed, Heat inputs.
8) Proper end prep, and fit-up techniques for pipe welding.
9) Body positioning techniques when pipe welding with SMAW.
10) Weld defects and acceptance criteria for AWS and ASME codes.
11) Intro to open-root pipe welding, electrode selection, and industry uses.
12) SMAW pipe welding techniques for all positions.
13) Non-Destructive Testing techniques for the piping industry.
14) Weld defects and repair procedures in accordance with applicable piping codes.
15) SMAW weld repair techniques and common industry practices.
16) SMAW pipe rack welding techniques.
Students are provided all the basic pipe welding tools needed to complete the course. Students learn how to weld pipe with SMAW on all sizes of pipe, from 8” to 2” in the booth and in the pipe rack simulator. Upon completion, students are certified to AWS specifications in accordance with ASME section IX and receive a course completion certificate.
The prices are listed in the handbook.
WWA transformed me from a from a fabricator in to a real pipe welder. On the first day I was given all I needed to start producing results. WWA is ready to produce the next generation of pipe welders so we can rebuild America.
By the end of the 5 month combo course you will leave with not only the skill but the confidence to go out and make an extremely successful and profitable career for yourself. I was welding in a booth the first day.
On day one I received everything I needed to get started welding and all of the highest quality materials money can buy. With in a week and half I was welding pipe!! I would recommend this school over any other.
Western Welding Academy is just what I have been looking for. I love everything about the school and what it has to offer. The challenge, the environment, the relationships, the future. The shop has top of the line welding machines and equipment.