1) Use and care of welding tools.
2) Intro to Shielded Metal Arc Welding.
3) Proper electrode storage.
4) Proper electrode sizing and selection.
5) Arc strikes, shielding gas, hydrogen cracking.
6) Base metal grading and selection.
7) Amperage/Voltage ranges, Travel speed, Heat inputs.
8) How to read and understand a Welding Procedure Specification (WPS)
9) Welding machine set-up for the Shielded Metal Arc Welding Process.
10) Proper base metal preparation for welding.
11) Body positioning techniques when welding with SMAW.
12) Fillet weld measurements, fit-up, and welding techniques.
13) Weld defects and acceptance criteria for AWS D1.1 structural steel code.
14) Intro to V-groove welds, electrode selection, and industry uses.
15) V-groove welding techniques for all positions.
16) Oxy-fuel torch set-up and cutting techniques.
17) Destructive Testing techniques of V-groove welds, industry methods, and specimen preparation in accordance to the applicable code or standard.
No experience needed, show up and learn the basics. Students are provided a tool bucket that includes all the basic welding tools needed to complete the course. Students learn welding/shop safety, welding machine set up and operation, how to weld SMAW fillets, full penetration v-groove welds, and oxy-fuel cutting procedures. Upon completion, students are certified to AWS D1.1 structural steel code and receive a course completion certificate.
The prices are listed in the handbook.
WWA transformed me from a from a fabricator in to a real pipe welder. On the first day I was given all I needed to start producing results. WWA is ready to produce the next generation of pipe welders so we can rebuild America.
By the end of the 5 month combo course you will leave with not only the skill but the confidence to go out and make an extremely successful and profitable career for yourself. I was welding in a booth the first day.
On day one I received everything I needed to get started welding and all of the highest quality materials money can buy. With in a week and half I was welding pipe!! I would recommend this school over any other.
Western Welding Academy is just what I have been looking for. I love everything about the school and what it has to offer. The challenge, the environment, the relationships, the future. The shop has top of the line welding machines and equipment.